The Managing Consultant will partner with the Life Science Team in executing the strategy and client projects for the Life Science business unit. Tunnell s consultants are functional leaders and Subject Matter Experts who identify problems and lead the implementation of solutions, while partnering with client leaders and engaging client organizations to significantly transform their business. The LS business focuses on life science companies producing biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, including but not limited to the following functional areas: manufacturing, Quality & Compliance, Regulatory, mergers & acquisitions, CMO (contract manufacturing) and contract distribution, focusing on the product lifecycle from Phase 1 trials through divestment/withdrawal.
Under the direction of the LS Team and assigned Delivery Executives, the managing consultant will have the responsibility for executing the strategic and tactical plans for the LS business unit.Summary of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Subject Matter Expertise
- Senior Client Relationship Management
- Lead & manage delivery of Tunnell Consulting services & projects
- Business Development: Current client extensions & expansions
- Offering development
- Project / Team Leadership
Exhibit expertise in one or more of Tunnell s core service areas focused within pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals & medical devices industries, such Business Transformation, Process Robustness & Troubleshooting, CGMP, Lean Six Sigma, Operational Excellence, QMS Transformation, QbD/PAT, Supplier Management, cost reduction, Quality Assurance, Regulations, Quality Control, Facility Design, Product Quality, CMC, Quality Management Systems, Statistics, Pre-Approval Inspections & PAI Readiness, Continuous Process Verification, etc. or functional areas such as manufacturing, supply chain, analytical chemistry, etc. Ability to demonstrate deep and broad knowledge of multiple solutions/ functional areas with advance application experience.
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management are highly preferred
- Ability to apply the subject matter expertise (SME) to the client needs including the nature and extent of consulting services required, emerging new market opportunities, knowledge of where the target markets and customers are located, general pricing structure, nature of the competition and a strategic vision of the staffing requirements to meet this demand
Position RequirementEducation Required
- Solid understanding of the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical value chain
- Solid understanding of, and experience, in implementing and leading tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Quality Risk Management, Quality Systems Management, Change Leadership and Project Management.
- Adept in use of appropriate project delivery technology such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.Operating knowledge of project management tools.
- Understanding of project delivery in a regulated environment including CGMPs.
- Bachelor s degree required;Graduate degree preferred.
- 15-25 years of combined experience in consulting (internal / external) & Life Science industry, with credible experience in highly regulated Life Science environment (CGxP) including manufacturing, quality, regulatory or related areas
- Consulting experience must include leading significant large scale programs as an external consultant, as the internal program manager, or a combination
- Life Science industry experience must include Director / Sr Director level Life Science industry experience
- CGMP, Operational Excellence/Lean, Quality and Compliance improvement, &/or Quality Risk Management background
- Demonstrated strong project management experience
- Solid sales support experience (or selling internal initiatives)
- Demonstrated executive / organizational communication skills, business acumen and organizational/political savvy
- Solid large-scale stakeholder analysis and change management experience
- Experience working with mid- to senior-level executives / executive teams
Up to 75% travel