Loading some great jobs for you...
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Nature and Scope:
To provide electrical and electronic services required for the maintaining and troubleshooting of all production and facility machinery and equipment as well as fabricating, modifying and/or installing machinery and equipment as required. To assist in other areas of skill or trade as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
NOTE: These requirements describe the main duties of the job, but are not considered a detailed description of every duty that may be assigned or required to be performed.
1. Completed NFPA70E Safety Course within the last three years or complete the course within 3 months of job assignment.
2. To attend all in house seminars and training to keep abreast of all improvements, modifications and changes to equipment, procedures and tasks. This includes having a current license to operate platform lifts and forklifts.
3. To properly complete all required documentation including parts requisitions, repair orders and work logs in an accurate and timely manner.
4. To work with different types of people and attitudes on a day to day basis, maintaining a professional and working relationship with other employees.
5. To maintain a clean, safe work environment, making sure that after every repair or task is completed; your work area is clean before the end of your shift.
6. To have a working knowledge of the different Cannery and Dry manufacturing process equipment and the components of the equipment so quality repairs can be completed safely and with minimal downtime.
7. To be observant to detect and report potential machinery component failures to avoid process downtime.
8. To be observant and willing to suggest changes or modifications on process machinery to help and improve efficiencies.
9. To work in all assigned areas as needed.
10. To complete all work in a safe and quality manner, ensuring all current policies, regulations and standards are followed.
11. To install and troubleshoot processing equipment and components throughout all areas of the plant.
12. To disassemble and repair or replace all electrical and electronic machine components such as but not limited to motors, panels, controls, soft starts, vision inspection equipment, programmable controllers, control circuitry, bar coding, Variable Frequency Drives and printing equipment.
13. To install, replace or repair, as needed those mechanical machine components such as but not limited to gear reducers, roller chain and sprockets that are associated with electrical and electronic equipment.
14. Assure compliance to all quality standards.
15. Assure compliance to all GMP requirements.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must have a high school degree or GED.
Must have a 3 to 5 years of electrical experience in a manufacturing environment and/or electrical vocational training diploma.
Loading some great jobs for you...