- $46,820.00 -67,330.00/year*
23 Crestmont Cir
Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - 6531 - Mining Services Engineer - Bloomsburg, PA
* Work closely with key potential clients to create opportunities for Orica with emphasis on differentiated products and service applications utilizing knowledge of Orica technology capabilities as well as broad knowledge of explosives and blasting applications in the, mining, quarry and construction industries, and provide ongoing technical support including implementation support
* Provide technical support to research and development, marketing, technical service, and SHE functions.
* Assist Business Teams in pre-bid evaluation of customers and potential for opportunities.
* Train and develop Orica local business unit personnel and participate as a trainer at Orica Technical Training Courses as requested
* Showcase Orica and client successes by co-authoring papers and presentations at professional meetings.
* Promote concept of EBS and technical solutions approach to the business and customers
* Ensure Orica, industrial, and regulatory explosive handlers are well trained and aware of best practices.
* Demonstrate SH&E leadership through regular contact with Orica SHES personnel and Federal regulatory personnel as needed.
* 50-75% travel within the Territory/Area with very limited travel abroad for training and meetings
Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Geosciences or Engineering, or equivalent is helpful but not required
* In addition, 5 years of experience as a mining engineer, mining sales engineer, or related industry experience, including experience with the technical, business, and operations aspects of the mining or explosive industry.
* Experience must include:
* Performing mining engineering activities related to explosives, initiation systems, and their application in blasting solutions for Construction, Quarries, Open Pit and Underground Mines.
* Mining/Explosives product sales experience, including experience with customers, blasters, engineering staff, and operations staff.
* Identifying client needs and developing solutions based on operational abilities and budgetary requirements.
* Familiarity and experience with computer based data acquisition tools (eg Boretrak, laser profiling, 3G Photogrammetry) as well as basic computer skills such as file handling and the use of Microsoft Office programs.
* Experience may be gained concurrently.
* Safety is our priority. Always. - The most important thing is that we all return home, safely, every day.
* We respect and value all. - Our care for each other, our customers, communities and the environment builds trusted relationships.
* Together we succeed. - Collaboration makes us better, individually and collectively.
* We act with integrity. - We are open and honest, and we do what is right.
* We are committed to excellence. - We take accountability for our business and for delivering outstanding results.
What We Offer
* The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization.
* Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist.
* A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged.
* Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
* Competitive salary packages.
Orica is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Associated topics: boilermaker, construction technologist, consultant, extraction technologist, fitter, granite, hvac, mining, technician, underground
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...